Super Simple Tasty Turkey Bolognese2017-01-16
- Cuisine: Italian, James', Mediterranean
- Course: Main
- Skill Level: Uber Easy
- Servings : 4 Adult
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 60m
Cheap, Healthy, Super Tasty, Uber Easy…what more could you want?
The hardest part of this is the prep…You need to take your time and chop the onion, carrot & celery very finely. As for the cooking tie the longer the better. You can have this ready in under an hour but if you simmer the bolognese longer the flavour will be better. This gives time for the meat & vegetables to “break down” giving a much richer depth of flavour.
- 1 Pack 450g Lean Minced Turkey
- 1 x Brown Onion - Finely Diced
- 1 x Carrot - Finely Diced
- 1 x Stick Celery - Finely Diced
- 1 x Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 x Jar of Good Quality Ragù
- 1 x tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 x Handful Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley Stalks - Finely Sliced
- 1 x Handful Fresh Chopped Basil
- 1 x tsp Dried Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1 x tsp Dried Oregano
- 4 x Fresh Cloves Garlic - Finely Chopped
- 1 x Oxo Chicken Stock Cube
- ½ Tin Water - About 300ml
- 1 x Bay Leaf
- 2 x tsp Sugar
- Splash of Red wine
- Olive Oil
- Ground Salt & Black Pepper
- Pasta of your choice - I prefer Wholewheat Spaghetti
Prep ALL your ingredients before you start cooking. When ready put a little olive oil in to a large deep pan and over a medium to high heat brown off the turkey mince. Keep things moving and break up any lumps of meat so you have a lots of little bits of turkey mince. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Now add your carrots, celery and onion and sauté in the pan for 2 - 3 minutes to soften, then add the turkey mince back.
Now reduce the heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Fill the tin of tomatoes half way with water to rinse out any bits that transfer that to the ragù jar and shake up to get all the last bits out then put into your pan with the rest of the ingredients.
Simmer your bolognese for at least an hour (the longer the better) Serve with pasta of your choice
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe