Pan Seared King Scallops with Sweet Chorizo Salsa2017-10-26
- Servings : 4 As Starter 2 As Main
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Picked this one up in Pudsey of all places at the “Seven Steps Bar & Eatery”…you should really give this place a look and the cocktails are as good as you’ll find in Leeds! Anyway, this is my own version and the winner is the salsa!
The top tip when cooking the Scallops is not to move them around in the pan, this will slow the cooking process!
- 100g Good Quality Chorizo Finely Diced
- 1 x Red Onion - Finely Chopped
- 1 x 250g Tub of baby Plum Toms - Quartered
- 2 x Cloves Fresh Garlic - Crushed
- 2 x tsp Sweet Paprika
- 4 x tbsp White Wine
- 1 x tbsp Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley - Chopped
- 1 x tbsp Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley Stalks - Finely Sliced
- 2 x tbsp Apple Sauce - From a Jar!
- 12 x Fresh King Scallops - Washed & Patted Dry
- A little Olive Oil for cooking
Add small drizzle of oil and the chorizo, onion & paprika to a heavy based pan and sauté for 3-4 mins over a medium heat.
Next add the wine, tomatoes, garlic and cook for 4-5 mins until all the wine has evaporated.
Finely add the parsley and apple sauce and simmer for one more minute. Place in a warmed serving dish, set aside and keep warm.
Wipe your pan clean (ish) with a kitchen towel. Over a high heat add a little oil and sear your scallops (flat side down first) for 1-2 minutes each side (or until just golden) - Don't move them around in pan, this slows the cooking process!
TIP: Watch the scallops like a hawk or you might burn them! Finally add a knob of butter and baste the scallops - N.B. Cooking times vary depending on size....!
Serve immediately on a bed of your warm salsa and lemon wedge.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe