Quick & Simple Beef Stroganoff2014-06-30
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
I just love making this, as it so quick and easy yet tastes unbelievable. You can of course choose your favourite cut of beef or even substitute with pork loin…
Leave out the garlic and or the brandy if you don’t fancy them, even substitute the double cream for sour cream or some other ‘lighter’ version. However I like the richness these all bring so try to keep it as is…
- About 700g/1 lb Beef (Siroin/Rump/Fillet - is up to you as is the amount!) - Cut into to thin 2" medallions
- 1x Large Onion - Sliced Thinly
- 2x Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- 300g Small Button Mushrooms - Sliced
- 300ml Fresh Double Cream
- A Good Splash of Brandy
- 2x Fresh Lemons
- A Good Handful of Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley - Chopped
- Sprig of Fresh Thyme - Leaves picked and chopped
- 1x tbsp Paprika
- 1x tsp Dijon Mustard
- Some butter & sunflower oil - for frying
Melt some butter and add some oil to a large deep frying pan and then add the paprika, garlic, onions & mushrooms. Gently fry together to soften but do not brown. When cooked turn the contents on to a plate and keep warm.
Now add a little more oil and get the same (uncleaned) pan to a high heat and quickly fry off your steak. Do this in batches if necessary.
When all the meat is cooked, put the onions etc back in to the pan with the beef. Add the thyme and brandy and simmer for a minute then add the cream and simmer again for a minute or so...
Finish with a large nob of butter (optional), a squeeze of lemon and mix in the chopped parsley. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and some rocket (optional)