Gambas Pil Pil – (Prawns cooked in Chilli, Garlic & Oil to you n me)2015-09-30
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
This is a classic Spanish Tapas dish and one of the easiest things you’ll ever cook – A Guaranteed winner!
Pil Pil (pronounced Peel Peel) traditionally means a dish/sauce cooked in oil & chilli.
- 400g Fresh Raw Tiger Prawns - De-veined but leave the tail on
- 4-6 x Large Fresh Cloves of Garlic - Sliced NOT Crushed!
- 1 x Red Finger Chilli - Chopped into rings
- 9 x tbsp Spanish (if you have it) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 x tbsp Fresh Roughly Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 x Pinches of Paprika
- 1 x Lemon
- ½ x tsp Dried Chilli Flakes - These add a "smokey depth" of flavour...
- 1 x Knob of Butter
- 1 x 100ml Dry Sherry
Place the: Oil, Garlic, Chilli, ½ of the Paprika, all of the Dried Chilli Flakes in to a large frying pan over a medium heat - gently fry for about 3 minutes - do not brown the garlic!
Add in the sherry - stir for a minute or so then and the prawns and continue to fry for about 3-4 minutes - Shaking & string...
Now add the butter - when melted add the juice of ½ a lemon and ½ of the parsley - Take of the heat and stir all in together.
Finally, our all of the contents (including the oil) in to a warm serving bowl - Sprinkle with the remaining parsley, paprika. Serve with lemon wedges and warm crusty bread to soak up the juices.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe