Jimmy Mac Mexican Rice2017-07-26
- Cuisine: James', Vegetarian
- Course: Main
- Skill Level: Uber Easy
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 2m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
With only 4 ingredients literally anyone can make this super easy dish!
- 1 x Onion - chopped
- 1 x 400g / 14oz Tinned Plum Tomatoes - chopped
- 250ml / 9 fl oz Vegetable or Beef Stock
- 200g / 7 oz Long Grain Rice - Washed in cold water!
- 1 x tsp Cumin Powder - optional
- 1 x tsp Chilli Powder - optional
- Sweetcorn Kernels
- 2 x Cloves of Fresh Garlic - Crushed
Gently fry the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes then add the rice and 'toast' for another 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the tomatoes in a food processor and blend to a smooth purée. Now scrape the purée into the saucepan with the rice, pour in the beef stock, sweetcorn (add cumin & chilli powder if using) - cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
Season with salt & pepper to taste - Serve immediately.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe