Homemade Bread Crumbs ????
By : James McConnell | 0 Comments | On : February 14, 2017 | Category : Randoms
There’s nothing like homemade bread crumbs, they’re cheaper, taste better and really easy to make.To make beautiful homemade bread crumbs, then all you need is left over bread.
- Do not buy bread crumbs ????
- Do not use stale bread – Stale bread makes stale crumbs!
Simply save any left over bread at the end of the week and make your own. To do this, if the bread is still fresh, then simply pop it in to the oven on a low temp to dry it out.
If its already dry then simply tear it up in to small pieces and pop it in to your food food processor and blitz until you have a nice crumb.
I usually wait until I have enough bread to fill up my processor. And then simply put them in to a freezer bag and freeze until I need them.
And don’t think you can only use white bread…try blitzing any bread and even combine them…
TIPS: Add flavour to your crumbs by adding:
- Your favourite herbs
- Lemon Zest ????
- Lime Zest
- Crushed Chilli Flakes ????
- Grated Parmesan ????
Classic French Onion Soup – Vive La France ????????
If you think you don't like onion soup I promise this will change your mind... moreRead More
- Haggis Neeps & Tatties November 6, 2019
- Jimmy Macs BBQ Tips – Get your Rub On May 14, 2019
- Jimmy Macs BBQ Tips – Have a Rest May 9, 2019
- Jimmy Macs BBQ Tips – Oil Up May 8, 2019
- Jimmy Macs BBQ Tips – Smokey Lemons May 8, 2019
- What is a Tagine and how does it work? March 15, 2017
- Homemade Bread Crumbs ???? February 14, 2017
- It’s A Piece of Pasta ???? ???????? February 12, 2017
- November 2019 (1)
- May 2019 (4)
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (2)
- December 2016 (2)
- November 2016 (4)
- October 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- July 2016 (2)
- June 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- December 2013 (2)