Twenty Minute Thai Green Curry Paste2016-03-15
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 10m
Although there seems to be a lot of ingredients don’t be put off as this is a real simple but an amazing taste that you’ll be blown away by…
- 2 x Lemon Grass Stalks - Finely Chopped
- 4 x Birds Eye Chillies (Red & Green are fine) - Roughly Chopped
- 1 x Thumb of Fresh Ginger - Peeled & Roughly Chopped
- 2 x Shallots - Peeled & Roughly Chopped
- 4 x Cloves Fresh Garlic - Peeled & Roughly Chopped
- Bunch Fresh Coriander
- 1 x tsp Cumin
- 1 x dsp Coriander Seeds - Toasted
- 1 dsp Black Pepper Corns - Toasted
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds - Toasted
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- Zest & Juice of one Lime
- 4 Kaffir Lime Leaves - Chopped up
First gently toast the cumin seeds, coriander seeds & black pepper corns for a couple of minutes. Then put in a pestle and mortar and bash up.
Now trim the tough outer layer of the lemon grass stalks and finely chop and add to the pestle with the seeds etc - Squeeze in the lime juice leave to soak while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
Next add the garlic, ginger, shallots, chillies and whizz up in a food processor. Then add the rest of the ingredients, including the mixture from the postal & mortar and whizz all together until you have your paste.
Your paste is now ready to cook with or you can refrigerate for up to a week.
Make up this paste before you cook your curry and it can be stored in a jar in the fridge for up to a week.
You can omit or add chillies depending on how hot you like it.