Jimmy’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce2016-08-13
- Yield : Enough for 12 Chicken Pieces
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 10m
I’d like to say that I picked this recipe up while on holiday in the caribbean…However as I’ve never been I can’t! 😎 This is basically a mash up of several recipes I’ve tried and a bit of experimenting to come up with what I like best. I’m always open to input if you know any additions, send me a message.
This is super easy marinade and great when cooking on the BBQ. N.B. It’s best prepared fresh but left overnight to marinade on your choice of meat (traditionally chicken)
- 2 or 3 Scotch Bonnet Chilli's - Deseed to reduce heat...or leave them in if you want an extra kick 🌶
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 x Bunch Spring Onions - Chopped
- 1 x Thumb Fresh Ginger - Peeled & Chopped
- 1/2 Onion - Roughly Chopped
- 3 x tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme or 1 x tbsp Fresh Leaves
- 1 x tbsp Ground Allspice
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Mixed Pepper Corns
- 1 x tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 x tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 x Zest & Juice of Fresh Lime
- 2 x tbsp Honey (or Golden Syrup)
Add all ingredients to a food processor and blitz to a paste. TIP: Add the ingredients in order as listed to save cleaning of spoons!
TIP: Don't be tempted to add water if the mixture doesn't blend, you want a thick consistency. Just scrape it down from the sides with a knife and keep blending/blitzing until it all comes together.