Court-bouillon (Fish Poaching Liquor)2016-07-05
- Yield : 1
- Prep Time : 3m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 25m
One of those things that you need in your “chefs” locker is a stock “stock”. This is so simple yet so effective.
You can do this in advance and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for a 3 months
Lemon/Wine/Cider = Acidity
Peppercorns/Bay Leaves = Aroma
Herbs = Flavour
- 500ml Water
- 1x Stick Celery - Cut in to 4
- 1x Carrot - Peeled & Quartered
- 1x Bay Leaf
- ½ Lemon - Sliced into rings
- ½ Onion - Cut in half
- 1tsp Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1x Glass White Wine (125ml)
- Herbs of your choice: Dill, Tarragon or Stalks of Parsley...
Place all of your ingredients in to a pan with the water, bring to boil and then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Strain/sieve the liquor off and save until you are ready to poach your fish.
Use to poach your fish or keep refrigerated for up to 3 days. (Or freeze for 3 months)